In my lightboxes:
- Title: Dune Patterns
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Panamint Springs
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This one's from the Panamint Dunes, a four mile, steady up hill hike through the open desert. This is the most secluded set of dunes in the largest national park in the 48 states. It looks like you could reach them with a 5 iron from the trail head, so I was surprised by how they still appeared to be the same distance after over an hour of hiking. Every step was worth it, though, and I've decided that dunes are now my favorite landscape feature to photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 28-300mm VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 261 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!