In my lightboxes:
- Title: Yosemite Falling
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Falls
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A couple times each year, when the full moon coincides with the spring runoff, a lunar rainbow appears at the base of Yosemite Falls. This phenomenon draws photographers from around the world for good reason, and this year I was fortunate enough to see it for myself. There was only a faint moonbow last weekend because this full moon was on the tail end of the runoff (also partially as a result of minimal snowpack in the Sierra this year), but I'm still very excited about the result!
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 28-300mm VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 101 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!