In my lightboxes:
Golden Gate Sunrise
- Title: Golden Gate Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Marin Headlands
- Nearest Town: San Francisco
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: After some inspiration from the work of other photographers that week, I decided to wake up at 4:00 AM to try and catch some of that sweet fog for myself (if you know me, you know that's extremely out of the ordinary). To my dismay, Hawk Hill in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area was totally sacked in when I got up there, and yet it was completely clear underneath the Bridge. I went down to Fort Baker to take some consolation shots before going back to bed, but on my way out I noticed that the fog was dropping quickly. So I jetted back up the hill for a couple of shots as the sun breached the horizon.
- Gear: Nikon d800, Nikon 28-300mm VR, CPL, LEE Big Stopper 10 stop ND filter, Singh Ray 2 stop GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 213 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!