In my lightboxes:
Marymere Falls Cedars
- Title: Marymere Falls Cedars
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park
- Nearest Town: Port Angeles
- Brief Directions: Overlooking Marymere Falls on the trailhead out of Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park.
- GPS Longitude: 48
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I'd recently had arthroscopic surgery on my knee and was taking a break on the bench on the upper overlook. I'd just heard a tourist say, over and over, "I've never seen such tall trees." That prompted me to look up and make this capture. I realized that, as a native Washingtonian, we don't look up at the trees often enough. We take their height and the requisite heartiness for granted.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 at 16mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!