In my lightboxes:
Stormy Sunrise At The Castle Capitol Reef Nationa Lpark
- Title: Stormy Sunrise At The Castle Capitol Reef Nationa Lpark
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Torrey, Utah
- Brief Directions: The castle is on the north side of the entrance road (only paved road) into the park. There even is a sign. But the best bet is to drive on past, get out of your car and start walking. That approach will provide multiple image opportunities.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: In the spring, storm clouds arrive quickly and offer dramatic back grounds and great lighting in Capitol Reef National Park. During a five day stay, I waited every morning and afternoon for the right combination of clouds and light. The Castle is one of those remarkable formations that look good in any light but when you throw in clouds as filters the result can be awesome.
- Gear: Canon 5D with 40-105 Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 39 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!