In my lightboxes:
Sunrise At Temple Of The Moon & Sun Capitol Reef National Park
- Title: Sunrise At Temple Of The Moon & Sun Capitol Reef National Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Torrey Utah
- Brief Directions: You absolutely need a map. Get one at the Visitors Center and have a ranger mark the location of the stream crossing. If there has been a recent rain storm, postpone the trip because the crossing can be dicey and the roads may be muddy and slick.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is an awesome section of Capitol Reef but it takes some doing to get there. There is a stream crossing involved and the roads are dirt. So a higher clearance vehicle is recommended. There is no cell service. You need to have a spare tire, food and water. And you need to either be prepared to spend the night at the location or leave the park's campground at 4:00am to get a good shot. The really good news is that sunrise here takes your breath away and usually you are alone. We saw no one. I consider this one of the great national park locations.And,when your are finished shooting at the temples, there a many more monoliths around almost every turn.
- Gear: Canon 5D and 40-105 L Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 55 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!