In my lightboxes:
- Title: Mythic
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: Yosemite National Park. Tunnel View.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park. In early May 2013 Yosemite was hit by a thunderstorm that involved, according to a local park photographer, the most intense downpour of the last 15 years. As I waited and watched the roads and parking lots turn to rivers, pea-sized hail crashed down on my car in a deafening cacophony. Then, as quickly as it began, the tempest abated. And I had one thought: get to Tunnel View to watch the clearing storm. I arrived to see some of the most beautiful and dynamic light I've ever seen at this vista, and I made a number of dramatic photos as the scene developed. This intimate shot of Bridalveil is one of my favorites from the evening as for me this scene epitomizes Yosemite's timeless and mythic beauty.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 70-200m f/2.8 lens, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 98 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!