In my lightboxes:
- Title: Sun Spots
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Furnace Creek
- Brief Directions: From Furnace Creek Village drive about five miles north, then wander around in the salt flats to the west of the road.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Death Valley National Park. It’s amazing what you find with a little wandering. And in Death Valley there is lots of space to wander. A photographer friend of mine hinted that these bizarre salt circles might be lurking out in the salt flats near salt creek, so early one morning a buddy and I set out for a wander. We meandered past reflective streams, furrowed cracks of earth, and baked salt pans. Then, out of nowhere, We stumbled upon these dots. As luck would have it the rising sun cast a nearly perfect nimbus across the haze of clouds to the east and created a beautiful symmetry to the scene. Taken in February, 2013.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee GND Filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 64 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!