In my lightboxes:
- Title: Breaking Dawn
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Nearest Town: Buxton
- Brief Directions: Cape Hatteras Lighthouse with the Milkyway and a Meteor
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Thunderstorms rolled off of the coast around 3:00am leaving behind some dense fog. I wasn't sure if the clouds would clear in time for a milkyway shot, but I stuck around to find out (as I always do).. and I'm glad I did this particular night. The fog added a bit of mood to the photograph and it really helped with bringing out the beams of light that danced around in front of me. Just before the fog totally vanished, and before dawn began to break, I snapped this photograph as a Lyrid meteor pierced through the sky. It was another magical night in the books and another beautiful night in a National Park.
- Gear: Nikon D4, 17-35mm , Giotto Tripod, NIkon Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 81 times
, Exotic Places
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!