In my lightboxes:
Guardian Of Time
- Title: Guardian Of Time
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monterey Peninsula
- Nearest Town: Carmel
- Brief Directions: Driving south on California Highway 1, Garrapata State Park is about seven miles south of Carmel.
- Description: The Monterey Peninsula, located on the California Coast, is a highly scenic area, featuring rolling green hillsides that slope down to dramatic rocky coastline.
A lesser photographed view is this natural sea arch, which can be found after a short off-trail scramble, in Garrapata State Park.
On my arrival, I immediately knew that I wanted to emulate the feeling I had of this rocky arch being a guardian of time. I have been increasingly interested in long exposure photography, and therefore decided to push the envelope, and use an exposure of 502 seconds, in an attempt to smooth out the water and highlight the arches' rocky texture.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 16-85 f/3.5 Lens, Manfrotto Tripod, Giottos Ballhead, B+W 110 ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!