In my lightboxes:
Dry River Birch Portrait
- Title: Dry River Birch Portrait
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountan National Forest
- Nearest Town: Hart's Location
- Brief Directions: Rt. 302 to Crawford Notch, NH. Dry River Trail leads into the Wilderness area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: NH's Dry River Wilderness area is home to many Beech and Birch trees and the colors put on a spectacular show in the fall. I had hiked past this grove in the winter to another photo location, and made a mental note to return when autumn conditions were right. A calm, overcast day provided the needed ingredients for this intimate view into the Wilderness.
- Gear: Canon 30D, 17-40L, B&W polarizing filter, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 74 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!