In my lightboxes:
North Percy Peak Autumn
- Title: North Percy Peak Autumn
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Nash Stream Forest
- Nearest Town: Groveton
- Brief Directions: From Groveton, NH, take a right off Rt. 3 and get onto Rt. 110 East. Go 2.6 miles on 110 East, take a left on Emerson Rd. Follow 2.2 miles and take a left onto Nash Stream Rd. where Emerson curves sharply right. Follow Nash Stream Rd. for 2.7 miles to signed parking.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: North Percy Peak is located in Great North Woods of New Hampshire. While not a particularly difficult or long hike (6.7 miles round trip)to the 3,400 ft. summit, the 360 degree views let you feel like you are on the top of the world. I took advantage of sunrise backlighting to highlight the alpine blueberry bushes which seemed to be on fire. I find myself attracted to alpine fall foliage for its variety and brilliant coloration during this time of year.
- Gear: Canon EOS Elan, Canon 24-105L, B&W polarizing filter, Fuji Velvia 50, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!