In my lightboxes:
Hope Valley Aspen Grove
- Title: Hope Valley Aspen Grove
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hope Valley
- Nearest Town: Lake Tahoe
- Brief Directions: From Jackson, CA take hwy 88 north about 75 miles. From Tahoe, take hwy 89 about 25 miles and from the border of Nevada take 88 south about 6 miles.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Hope Valley is an area on the California side of the Sierras where hwys 88 & 89 intersect. It boasts many lakes and hiking trails and the Carson river runs right through the valley. There is a small patch of Aspens that turn a vibrant array of colors come fall. Some years are better than others. 2012 was not the most colorful year but as you can see it is still quite beautiful.
- Gear: Canon Rebel xti, gitzo carbon fiber tripod and Sigma Gold 10-20 fish eye
This Photo Has Been Viewed 99 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!