In my lightboxes:
Red Rocks In Fall
- Title: Red Rocks In Fall
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Red Rocks Park
- Nearest Town: Morrison
- Brief Directions: From Denver, take Interstate 70 west and get off at the Morrison exit. Make a left at the traffic light onto Jefferson County Road 93. Go one mile and turn right onto Alameda Parkway at the entrance to Red Rocks Park.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The red rock formations just west of Denver, Colo. make unique photographic subjects any time of the year. In winter, the red rock peaks through the bright white freshly fallen snow. In spring, the vibrant greens of the blooming foliage create a natural RGB landscape against the red rocks and Colorado's famous blue sky. In summer, the warm colors at sunrise with the monsoonal clouds create dramatic landscape photos. But autumn is my favorite season to photograph Colorado's red rocks because of the palette of reds, oranges and yellows set against the red rocks and blue skies.
- Gear: Nikon D3s, Nikkor 16-85 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 73 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!