In my lightboxes:
First Snow Yosemite
- Title: First Snow Yosemite
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One of those rare days in Yosemite valley where the trees were turning and a sticky snow storm overnight turns the valley into a wonderland. The snow doesn't last till 9AM, so one has to work fast. After getting to the parking lot over black ice for that first light shot, the low fog moved us back into the valley floor. Other local Yosemite greats were also there to catch the action. Veterans know to look for those first storms for great shots. Waking up with 5 inches of snow all over the car was just great.
- Gear: Nikon 800E, Nikkor 24mm f/1.4 lens, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 166 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!