In my lightboxes:
- Title: Picture In Picture
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Contoocook River
- Nearest Town: Henniker
- Brief Directions: The town of Henniker sits on NH-114, approximately 20 miles west of Concord, New Hampshire. The covered bridge is visible from the center of town.
- GPS Longitude: 43
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Henniker Covered Bridge is a more recent bridge built in 1972, however, it was constructed using traditional methods. It serves as a footbridge across the Contoocook River in Henniker, New Hampshire.
This image was taken under the modern bridge from a low rock near the edge of the Contoocook River. The circular reflection of the bridge arch created a keyhole through which I could photograph the more scenic covered bridge in the background.
I was on location early at dawn that morning and stood by the riverside until the sun rose to light the foliage but before it created highlights on the foreground bridge.
- Gear: D800, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens, Lee Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 239 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!