In my lightboxes:
- Title: Floater
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: The Tarn can be found on ME-3, some 2.5 miles south of Bar Harbor, Maine.
- GPS Longitude: 44
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Tarn is a shallow and weedy pond in Acadia National Park, Maine. This image was made in late October at the Tarn, in the shade on a nearby creek. A yellow leaf sailed across the frame as the colorful autumn trees cast a reflection in the water.
I stood in the creek wearing rubber boots for some time, waiting for the right light and mood before making this image. The reflection itself was interesting but needed a foreground subject for perspective -- the floating leaf provided the needed context.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 70-200mm f/4.0 Lens, Singh-Ray Warming Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 233 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!