In my lightboxes:
- Title: Fall Vista
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bald Mountain, Adirondack Mountains
- Nearest Town: Old Forge
- Brief Directions: From Old Forge, head North on Rt 28 and follow the signs for Bald Mountain hiking trail. It is a pleasant 45 minute hike that is only a marginal challenge, even for young children.
- GPS Longitude: 43.738329
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Looking South from the crest of Bald Mountain. After hiking to the crest and setting up my equipment I had to wait for almost 2 hours for the clouds to open up to this amazing view.
For 3 years I made the 2 hour drive up from my home town of Syracuse NY. Both previous years within days of my planned trip a heavy rain with high winds swept through the area plunging all the glorious color onto the forest floor. This year I was gifted with this amazing day.
- Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6
This Photo Has Been Viewed 199 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!