In my lightboxes:
- Title: Sandhill Takeoff
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bosque del Apache NWR
- Nearest Town: San Antonio
- Brief Directions: Take NM south of San Natonio until you reach the crane ponds.
- GPS Longitude: -106.9
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: A Sandhill Crane begins it's takeoff run at Bosque del Apache NWR. The seemingly awkward cranes run across the ponds to gather enough speed to get airborne.
- Gear: Canon 7D, EF400DO, RRS Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 31 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!