In my lightboxes:
- Title: Glacier Gold
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: Browning
- Brief Directions: From the town of Browning, MT take Route 89 north toward Babb. Go west on Many Glacier Rd.(Rt. 3)to Swiftcurrent Lake.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The view of Grinnell Point from Glacier National Park is one of the most iconic views in the National Park system. I had visited Swiftcurrent Lake near Many Glacier several times to increase my chances of special lighting. While sunrise is the usual go-to time for this location, I saw incredible mammatus clouds soaring overhead toward sunset and knew the lighting could turn this into special light show. I decided to position myself on the shores of Swiftcurrent Lake to make use of reflection of clouds should the lake become calm. The warm colors and unique cloud formations created a unique vision of this iconic location.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40L, 2 stop grad. ND filter, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 188 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!