In my lightboxes:
Spotlight On The Rocks
- Title: Spotlight On The Rocks
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Black Canyon Of The Gunnison
- Nearest Town: Montrose
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The whole visit to the Black Canyon Of The Gunnison was a great experience from the first glimpse of it to the last. Having been to the canyons of Arizona and Utah before I did not think I could be that much impressed but this canyon was so different! It's so narrow, with completely different rocks and overall color, it is truly amazing. Here, I took a few photos under an ordinary daytime light, only the clouds were providing a little bonus. But then the clouds covered the sun and everything fell into an open shade. Then I noticed a narrow band of light moving across the canyon and smelled something special. When the opening in the clouds allowed the sun to shine right on the peaks in front of me I knew that was when the shutter needed to go off. Wonderful natural show, thank you for the experience!
- Gear: Nikon D600, Nikkor 24-85 mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 222 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!