In my lightboxes:
Sunset Against The Cliffs
- Title: Sunset Against The Cliffs
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Springdale,UT
- Brief Directions: Just off the Zion-Mt. Carmel Highway
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Taken November 2012. I had decided to photograph the Bonsai Tree in Zion at night, so I had arrived early and set up my camera, tripod, done my composition, and all that was left to do was wait for it to get dark. As I stood by my car I saw the last sunset light on the peaks above me and it was really glowing orange. I ran back to my camera, grabbed it off the tripod and switched to a telephoto lens. The light was moving fast and I only had time for a handheld shot so I opened the aperture as wide as it could go, cranked up the ISO and this is what I got. The only color adjustment is turning up the clarity slightly, other than that this is straight out of the camera.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk III, 70-200 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 330 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!