In my lightboxes:
- Title: Purity
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Springdale, UT
- Description: The reflection from the Upper Pool of the Emerald Pools in Zion National Park. I camped in the area around Thanksgiving and in order to photograph without tourists around I had to hike in the dark to reach the upper pool by sunrise I reached the upper Emerald pool just as the sun was coming up and was struck by the stillness and clarity of the pool water. One of the park rangers I had met told me that the water in the pools, a result of rain filtered through the sandstone, may be thousands of years old by the time it reaches the pools.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM , Induro Tripod and ball head.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 512 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!