In my lightboxes:
- Title: Into The Fog
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Marin Headlands
- Nearest Town: San Francisco, CA
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Almost every day for a week I woke up at 5am to check the fog and either go back to bed or drive up to San Francisco. I parked my car, still immersed in fog, threw on a number of layers of warm clothes, and began the huff up the half mile hike to the top of Slacker Hill. It was interesting to watch the fog disappear and the temperature rise about 15° as I walked. Off came the layers.
The fog rose and fell slightly as the sun rose but it stayed near the tops of the two Golden Gate Bridge towers. At twilight the clouds began to glow pink and orange and as the sun got higher in the sky the clouds bursted with pink and red color.
- Gear: Nikon D800 w/Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S
This Photo Has Been Viewed 94 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!