In my lightboxes:
Elements Of Life
- Title: Elements Of Life
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Tahoe/Emerald Bay
- Nearest Town: South Lake Tahoe
- Brief Directions: From Highway 50 and South Lake Tahoe, take Highway 89 to Emerald Bay. Eagle Falls is located at the southwest corner of Lake Tahoe.
- Description: Eagle Falls, at Lake Tahoe has been photographed many times; however I had not seen a shot that included this rock and tree root detail, in other images. Wanting to capture that detail, I took 12 separate shots, so I could include the different elements, in the final image.
Not either the traditional panorama or vertorama style, I instead chose to present this image in more of a square format. I did this because I wanted the bay and falls to feature strongly in the final image, and not let the rocks and tree roots be the singular focus of the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5 Lens, Manfrotto Tripod, Giottos Ballhead, Singh-Ray 2-Stop hard ND Grad Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 174 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!