In my lightboxes:
Death Valley's Winter Grandeur
- Title: Death Valley's Winter Grandeur
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On this January morning, a workshop of photographers beat me to Badwater (a salt flat below sea level) and the sun was rising fast. I knew I would not have time to hike out beyond the photographers before the light moved into the valley, so I changed to my long zoom lens, set up my tripod, pulled the scene in close to me, and started shooting panoramas. I love the snow on the Panamints and the erosion lines on the alluvial fans. Having the photographers in the image added some great scale to an awe-inspiring location.
- Gear: Olympus E-30 camera, Zuiko f/2.8-3.5 digital lens 50-200mm, Manfrotto tripod and ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 178 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!