In my lightboxes:
Storm Clouds Roll Over Arches National Park
- Title: Storm Clouds Roll Over Arches National Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arches National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Take the Delicate Viewpoint Trail
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: ISO 100; 14mm; f/9.0 1/100th second
I merged three wide shots to create this panoramic view of Arches National Park and the La Sal Mountains. I hiked with my friend Beth to the Delicate Arch Viewpoint, when a storm rolled in over the high desert. I turned in the opposite direction of Delicate Arch to try to capture the rolling storm clouds. Beth hiked down to car while I kept shooting. When the rain came, I made my way back to the car, but not before I got hit with ice pellets from the storm. I wasn’t expecting rain, lightning and hail in the high desert.
- Gear: Nikon D600, Nikkor 14 to 24 f/2.8, Lightroom, Photoshop CS6, and Perfect Effects
This Photo Has Been Viewed 230 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!