In my lightboxes:
Blue Ridge Mountain Sunset Light
- Title: Blue Ridge Mountain Sunset Light
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Western North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Black Mountain
- Description: My father was visiting this area and I had the opportunity to take him and his German Shepherd hiking in the Western North Carolina mountains that I call home. We began a very hot and sunny hike up to this overlook where we took a good rest. As we sat, the clouds built over nearby Mount Mitchell (the highest point east of the Mississippi) and moved over to cover the sun and create great fans of light beams through the valley. It was a perfect summer sunset in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina and great to share it with family. (June 22, 2013)
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8, RRS tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 306 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!