In my lightboxes:
Great Falls National Park
- Title: Great Falls National Park
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Falls National Park
- Nearest Town: McLean, VA
- Brief Directions: Great Falls Park
9200 Old Dominion Dr.
McLean, VA 22102
703-285-2965 (visitor information)
The Maryland side of Great Falls is part of the C&O Canal National Historical Park. Their street address is:
11710 MacArthur Blvd.
Potomac MD 20854
301-767-3714 (visitor information)
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: At Great Falls, the Potomac River builds up speed and force as it falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through the narrow Mather Gorge. The Patowmack Canal offers a glimpse into the early history of this country. Great Falls Park has many opportunities to explore history and nature, all in a beautiful 800-acre park only 15 miles from the Nation's Capital.
- Gear: Fujifilm x20
This Photo Has Been Viewed 93 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!