In my lightboxes:
- Title: California Dreamin'
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Windansea Beach
- Nearest Town: La Jolla
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Beach life in Southern California.
Note that there are several great little things that came together for this photo:
• A lone surfer is exiting the water, with his footprints leading away from the waves, and his reflection below him.
• A group of surfers is floating in the waves behind the surfer in the middleground.
• A flock of Pelicans is drifting along the horizon in formation on the left.
• And of course, the one tiny, elusive patch of seasonal daisies on the entire coastline in this area!
Of course I didn't paint this canvas, God did. I just showed up in exactly the right spot at exactly the right moment to capture all the beauty that was already there to be experienced! And a great moment it was.
I must also of course give a ton of credit to Max Vuong, whose inspirational and award-winning image of this awesome spot inspired me to go there and seek it out in the first place. His work is really excellent and you can check it out online.
- Gear: Canon 6D, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 229 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!