In my lightboxes:
Silver Cascade - 1st Snow
- Title: Silver Cascade - 1st Snow
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountains
- Nearest Town: Hart's Location
- Brief Directions: Rt. 302 through Crawford Notch, 12 miles north of Bartlett, NH.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: While this waterfall is very popular and accessible due it's road side location, the visual transition from fall to winter was what made this unique for me. The first snow in October coincided with peak foliage, and near stillness - an unusual situation for NH's White Mountains. Before turning to snow, steady rains discouraged visitors from stopping at the falls, so I had the location all to myself for nearly an hour, creating different compositions.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-105L, polarizing filter, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 304 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!