In my lightboxes:
Morning Teton Fire
- Title: Morning Teton Fire
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Moran
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: Taken from the Snake River Overlook on US Highway 89.
- GPS Longitude: 43.75436
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The first rays of sunlight hit the granite spires of the Teton Range. I'd been thinking about a revisit to this particular sunrise shoot in Grand Teton National Park because I'd never really been ecstatic with my hdr results. I decided to process one of the single exposures and realized right away that I need to do this more often. It was the light that first hit the peak that was the star of the morning so I picked the exposure that was captured at a -1.7 EV because of the contrast. The D300 I was using sure doesn't control noise the way my D700 does so there was a little noise reduction needed in the sky but overall the image came out the way I remembered, and envisioned, the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D300, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR, tripod, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 115 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!