In my lightboxes:
Everglades Crocodile At Sunset
- Title: Everglades Crocodile At Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Miami
- Nearest Town: Florida City
- Brief Directions: From Florida City, take the main road into Everglades National Park all the way to Flamingo Marina, approximately 38 miles from the entrance gate.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A large adult male American crocodile, Crocodylus acutus, glides through the water in the Everglades. This is a multiple exposure image, merged as an HDR, to capture both the endangered crocodile as well as the flock of white ibis that flew overhead while shooting this series of images. South Florida is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles share territory, as it is at the northern most part of the American crocodile's range.
- Gear: Canon 40D, Canon EF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM at 38mm; f/7 at 1/80 second; ISO 320
This Photo Has Been Viewed 68 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!