In my lightboxes:
Dwarf Cypress Strand, Everglades National Park
- Title: Dwarf Cypress Strand, Everglades National Park
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Miami
- Nearest Town: Florida City
- Brief Directions: From Florida City, go to the main Park entrance, then follow the main road toward Flamingo. Several dwarf cypress strands can be found along the road during its 38-mile stretch.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Dwarf cypress trees are considered the same species, but a smaller population, of full-sized cypress trees. During the dry season, it is easy to step off the main road and into the prairie without getting your feet wet, which is what I did to make this image.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM at 20mm; f/14 at 1/60 second, ISO 100
This Photo Has Been Viewed 196 times
Black & White
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!