In my lightboxes:
American Crocodile In The Golden Water Of The Everglades
- Title: American Crocodile In The Golden Water Of The Everglades
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Miami
- Nearest Town: Florida City
- Brief Directions: From Florida City, go to the main Park entrance. Follow the main road 38 miles to the Flamingo Marina, where crocodiles can sometimes be viewed from the docks or boats around the marina and in Florida Bay.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The setting sun had lit up the mangroves on the opposite bank from me, casting golden reflections on the water as this adult male American crocodile, Crocodylus acutus, glided toward me. The cold tones of his reptilian skin contrasted nicely with the warm tones of the reflected foliage. South Florida is the only place in the world where it is possible to view alligators and crocodiles in the same habitat. South Florida is the northernmost part of the American crocodiles' range.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D; Canon EF-100-400mm f/4-5.6 IS USM at 360mm; f/5.6 at 1/80 second; ISO 320
This Photo Has Been Viewed 55 times
, Exotic Places
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!