In my lightboxes:
The Moon And The Cormorant
- Title: The Moon And The Cormorant
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Olympia, Washington
- Nearest Town: Curtis
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This looks like a possible savings for Nasa's budget. If you have noticed that the Cormorant is lit from above and know that they rarely fly more than one meter above the water then you might have surmised that his photo represents art rather than a factual occurrence. The Moon was taken on the night of Sept. 14, 2013 and the Cormorant was taken the next day near Astoria, Oregon. The Moon was taken with my old 600mm F5.6 lens and the Cormorant with my old 300mm F4.5 lens. The combining seemed to blend so well that I had to post it.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikkor 600mm F5.6 AIS lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 101 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!