In my lightboxes:
As Luck Would Have It
- Title: As Luck Would Have It
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yaquina Head Light House
- Nearest Town: Newport
- Description: This shot was a gift of exponential luck. I happened to be at the Oregon Coast for a workshop completely unrelated to photography and when I looked at the calendar and realized the moon would be full I knew I had to bring my camera. Just. In. Case. And, as luck would have it, the skies were clear only on this morning of my visit, and the moon was setting just behind the lighthouse according to Photographers Ephemeris. I hiked from my motel just down the hill, arriving well before moonset to try to find a good perspective, at first shooting from well above then moving back down the vantage point until this image appeared. Fun.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7d, 70-200mm F2.8 L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!