In my lightboxes:
Full Sky Lunar Optics
- Title: Full Sky Lunar Optics
- Country: Greenland
- Nearest Area: Greenland Ice Sheet
- Nearest Town: Kangerlussuaq
- Brief Directions: Fly commercial to Kangerlussuaq. Rent a twin otter and fly to the ice sheet. Alternatively, get a job with the NSF research station and let them pay the transport!
- GPS Longitude: 38.4
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Ice crystals in the air form halos and arcs reflected by sunlight or in this case moonlight. This remarkable moment in time revealed common and rare optics. There are three complete halos -22 degree, 46 degree and a parhelic circle circling the sky... wonderful. There are numerous arcs including a rare Wegner Arc. A bonus is the slight aurora right of the moon. One of those times I will never forget.
- Gear: Canon 5DMk2, Sigma 8mm fisheye
This Photo Has Been Viewed 190 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!