In my lightboxes:
- Title: Soft Dune
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coral Pink Sand Dune
- Nearest Town: Kanab, Utah
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I've been known to wake up a rooster or two pursuing a photograph. If there were one around that morning there would have been no exception. While my photography friends were snug asleep in their tents I forced myself up and out for reason. The night before I had noted the way the light hit the sand dunes. I saw my mark and I was on a mission.
Lucky for me there had been a strong wind during the night. The wind let up just before sunrise. That's just what I needed. The wind had wiped away footprints and ATV tracks from the day before. I found myself in the right place at the right time. At sunrise the air was perfectly still. I was able to pull off a sharp shot while my "photography" friends and roosters were still asleep.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 10-22mm EF lens, Manfroto Tripod, Cable release.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 255 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!