In my lightboxes:
Lightning Strike Composite
- Title: Lightning Strike Composite
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Virgin
- Brief Directions: Branching off of state route 9 in Utah, between Hurricane and Virgin is a small paved road that goes south for just a couple of minutes before it comes to a locked gate. To the east of this road is a small wash that leads to a few cottonwood trees. This small, out of the way place is where I got this, (one of my favorites) picture.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This summer thunderstorm alternated rain and wind, with calm, breezy conditions. Sheets of rain can be seen in the distance near Gooseberry Mesa as it is lit up by a bolt of lightning. This picture is a composite of two photos taken one after another. One exposed for the sky and one for the ground.
- Gear: Canon EOS Mark 2 & Canon EF 17-35 1:2.8 L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 192 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!