In my lightboxes:
Monzonite Cliffs House Range Utah
- Title: Monzonite Cliffs House Range Utah
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Delta, Utah
- Brief Directions: Thirty plus miles west of Delta, UT, on the west slope of the House Mountain Range
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Monzonite Peaks at Painter Springs, House Range, Utah 10-22-2011. Monzonite is a rock similar to granite, but it has a higher percentage of feldspar. This particular variety has a pinkish feldspar that colors much of the Jurassic aged rock. The surrounding bedrock around this monzonite intrusion is grayish limestone and shale. Gold is found associated with the monzonite intrusion while trilobites are found in the shale.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!