In my lightboxes:
Radars And Arctic Cotton Grass
- Title: Radars And Arctic Cotton Grass
- Country: Greenland
- Nearest Area: west Greenland
- Nearest Town: Kangerlussuaq
- Brief Directions: Fly to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland and proceed on the only road west about 7 miles... you can't miss it!
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: At a location about 7 miles west of Kangerlussuaq, Greenland lies Kellyville, site of an "incoherent scatter radar." The radar, among other experiments, is used to study solar activity including auroras. Low growing Arctic Cotton Grass surrounds the radar. The photo was taken with the camera laying tilted on the ground.
- Gear: Canon 5Dmk2, Sigma 12-24mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 796 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!