In my lightboxes:
- Title: Shades Of Midnight
- State/Province/Region: Indiana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Brown County State Park
- Nearest Town: Nashville
- Brief Directions: off I-65
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: During my fall vacation, I wanted to stay close to home. So my Mom and I took a 90-minute drive from Louisville, Ky., to Brown County State Park in Indiana. Brown County is a favorite "local" destination. Nicknamed the “Little Smokies” because of the area’s resemblance to the Great Smoky Mountains, Brown County encompasses nearly 16,000 acres. Since I was outside the city lights of Louisville, I wanted to try some night photography to see how much light pollution I would encounter. I found this tree at one of the parks scenic turnouts. I shot some long exposures using this tree as a silhouette in the image. I really liked the movement of the passing clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Tripod, Phottix wireless digital timer and remote
This Photo Has Been Viewed 345 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!