In my lightboxes:
Frozen Hayden Falls
- Title: Frozen Hayden Falls
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hayden Falls Park
- Nearest Town: Columbus
- Brief Directions: The park lies on the southwest corner of Hayden Run Road and the Scioto River.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On a bitter cold December day in 2010 I walked back to Hayden Falls to find it frozen solid. The hike included descending a number of wooden steps and travelling along a wooden walkway, both of which were quite icy, thus creating some difficulty in navigation. Being in a ravine the damp air was very frigid and keeping myself warm and upright was a challenge. I felt that converting the image to black and white conveyed the sense of freezing more realistically.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 94 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!