In my lightboxes:
- Title: Bad Rock Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Columbia falls
- Nearest Town: hungry horse
- Brief Directions: painting with light-ice formation in bad rock canyon-northwest montana.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: these ice formations appear every year in the Bad rock area.As winter moves forward the ice gets thicker and more prominent-the locals color the ice with a variety of coloring but in this shot-Painting with light was the technique used.
The time delay for the shot was about 30 seconds with an iso of 100.
Two lights were used-an blue led and a spot light hilighting the various ice formations.
The shot was taken before sunrise on a cold morning as this area is infamous for high winds and rigid temps.
- Gear: Can xsi,canon 18mm-55mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 52 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!