In my lightboxes:
- Title: Winter's Cauldron
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone, MT
- Brief Directions: Take a snowcoach from the town of West Yellowstone, MT. From the Basin Parking, skie or snowshoe.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Biscuit Basin in Yellowstone National Park offers wonderful B&W opportunities to see wildlife and hot springs under the blanket of snow. The high contrast situations and swirling steam from the geothermal vents lend themselves to interesting B&W compositons. Snowshoe or XC-Ski to the various features during a quiet time of year in the park and enjoy the solitude of winter.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 111 times
Black & White
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!