In my lightboxes:
Framed In Granite
- Title: Framed In Granite
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alabama Hills
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Brief Directions: Hwy 395 to Lone Pine, California. Take El Portal road from middle of town, west toward the Alabama Hills. Turn north(right) onto Movie road. Follow this road to the north until it rises up with rock covered hills between you and the Sierra Nevada vista. You can pick your choice of framing options from here.
- GPS Longitude: 36
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Snow-cloaked Mount Whitney is framed in the granite framed boulders of the Alabama Hills.
- Gear: Canon 5D mark II, Canon EF 70-300mm DO IS USM, Induro tripod and ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 218 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!