In my lightboxes:
Bowling Ball Beach
- Title: Bowling Ball Beach
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mendocino County
- Nearest Town: Mendocino
- Brief Directions: Highway 1 between Mendocino and Point Arena.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I finally made it to Bowling Ball Beach in 2013, a beautiful area located just south of Point Arena in Mendocino County, California. The conditions were challenging that day, as the tide was coming in and the sky was overcast. By timing my approach to the rocks between larger waves hitting the beach, I was able to get in close with my tripod to take this long exposure shot. I later converted the image to black and white, as this seemed to better capture the mood of the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF.2
This Photo Has Been Viewed 88 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!