In my lightboxes:
Pikes Peak And Contrails
- Title: Pikes Peak And Contrails
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Garden of the Gods is on the west side of Colorado Springs and offers fantastic views of Pikes Peak to its west.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On 7 March 2013 there were multiple contrails in the sky over a snow-covered Pikes Peak. I found a spot in Garden of the Gods and, using a close-up, wide angle (CUWA) technique, set up my camera to include nearby yuccas and wild grasses in the foreground. As the high altitude winds dispersed the contrails into a more cloud-like pattern, I made this image. Originally in color I converted it to black and white post-processing it in Lightroom 4 and Adobe Photoshop CS5.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter, Ledvon Tripod, Vello Remote Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 155 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!