In my lightboxes:
Ice On The Abiqua Creek
- Title: Ice On The Abiqua Creek
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Silver Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Scotts Mills
- Brief Directions: About 21 miles south of Oregon City, Oregon on highway 213. In the town of Marquam turn left onto S. Nolans Bridge Rd. Travel about 2.5 miles to the town of Scotts Mills. After the bridge turn left onto Crooked Finger Rd. Stay on Crooked Finger Rd for about 10 1/2 miles (about 1 1/2 miles past the end of the pavement). Turn right onto an unmarked gravel road (just past the ATV staging area. Go straight down the road (do not turn right or left) for about 2 1/2 miles to the gate. As you walk back take the second trail (it has a disclaimer sign posted on kit for the Abbey.
- GPS Longitude: -122.56778
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On a Sunday early in the morning I drove to Abiqua Falls to take pictures of the ice during a freak December Cold Snap. While there 5 more photographers showed up. As I was leaving another 4 photographers showed up. So much for having the falls to myself.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200 DX, Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 426 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!